Saturday, October 07, 2006

the most priceless moment

There are times when I cry. There are times when I am utterly lonely. And there are times when I am helpless. And those times bring so much pain and desperation in my eyes an d heart that I wonder if they will ever pass.

But you know? I feel the sheer pain in those moments not becoz of the moment by itself. The moment like all moments is wonderfully silent, sure of itself, magical and wondrous. It is generous, giving, self-fulfilling and with all promises.

Then what goes wrong, anu? I wonder!

Perhaps I am not in the moment at all. I am feeling the pain living in either the past or feeling anxious due to the insecurity of my anticipations in the future.

The pain is not bad! The pain is not to be detested and cursed. The pain is not to be run awayed from. The pain is a communication from my self to me.

Why is the pain there? Perhaps I am trying to say something to myself through the emotion of pain, the communication.

Why does it need to be so painful? Perhaps I want to bring something to my own notice.

Why, won't I listen if I say it in love? Perhaps I have tried to say it in love but I have not listened to myself. Hence the pain.

So what must I do now? Listen to myself. Listen to my body. Hear my soul out. Quieten myself.

How may I do that? By living in the NOW. In the moment in the present.

Why should I live in the present? So that I am no longer pained.

And what may happen if I live in the present? When I live in the present, I am aware of what I am doing. I am conscious of my choices. I create my own reality.

When we live in the moment we are living in the NOW. We are not bound by the past neither by the future.

In that moment we create our own world, in a new fresh way. Flowers live in the moment. The star sparkles just for a moment in a moment. The birds fly flapping one wing at a time a moment. Fishes swim in the moment. The single blade of grass itself stands tall without any support in just a little moment.

Perhaps, we might be totally transformed if we live in each and every moment. Perhaps, we might unleash our unknown, unseen strengths and powers. Perhaps, we might astound ourselves!

I'm going to try and live in such a moment. Emerald Eyes (http://thisisthecatsmeow.blogspot.com/) is going to live in such a moment.

What about you? Would you like to join us?

We are waiting here with open arms..with the most priceless moment for you...it has a name, you know. It is fondly called "the now".

7 Comments:

Blogger CeeCi said...

You've no idea how many times I've thought and written about this very same thing. Right here, right now is where we are meant to be. We are doing what we're meant to do, exactly when we're meant to do it and we're doing it as we're meant to.

Pain, as you pointed out is a messenger. Our first inclination is to "shoot the messenger." Like you, I have learned to listen. We receive messages from many places and many sources. Why turn away from the one who knows us best?

Wonderful post, dearest Anu. I'm so very glad to have found you and your wonderful site.

**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi

11:54 AM  
Blogger WDKY said...

I' sorry I haven't been around while you've been unwell, Anu. You're right, of course, but the truth is that it's easier to say than to do - for all of us. But we can try, and the more we try the more we'll succeed.

I hope you're feeling better, my little flower.

2:35 PM  
Blogger brad said...

Have you looked at this book?

Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment, by Eckhart Tolle

1:08 PM  
Blogger anu said...

I'm also glad to have found you Ceeci. I wander in your gardens so often dear Sunflower girl :)

But of course, you've been around all the while, dearest angel. And your music has been keeping your little flower company and healing her body and mind :)

No Brad, I have heard of it but not read it. Have you read it?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

You never stop amazing me, wonderful Anu! I try to do this but lately I've forgotten - you are an angel and have reminded me, I feel a little as if my eyes have been opened and tonight I'm going to go home and listen to myself. I have a little book about living in The Now, with little exercises to help us appreciate The Now. I think I'll do a couple of them tonight.

You always touch my soul, you're so incredibly amazing and one of the most special people I've ever come across!!!

Sweet butterfly kisses sent to you!!! :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger anu said...

Thank you thank you my dear butterfly :) I am loving reading your romantic explorations these days.

Takes butterfly by hand
and dances around the room
with her singing...tra la la la la

10:56 AM  
Blogger brad said...

I haven't read the read, but I have heard the author speak about his ideas about now and his book. Thought you might be interested in looking at the book, if nothing else.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home