Saturday, October 28, 2006

the dance


I've joined a dance class. I feel I love dancing. But I am so stiff in public and can barely move except like a block of wood. Yet I see images of myself dancing all night and day. Many-a-times I've stood up to imitate what I saw in my mind, but I'm unable to move at all. It feels like I've just forzen myself.

Yet everytime the music plays, I see images of myself dancing once again. But when I stand up to shake a leg, I do a really lousy job.

So I've joined dance classes. These classes are every saturday or for that matter every holiday. Sometimes they may be also held at nights..late nights. These classes are held in my own little bedroom. Where I have not much space. And I move about alone in my own little space back and forth.

Sometimes I lie on my bed which is adjacent to the window and look up at the green leaves and the trees. The dancing leaves are my dance teachers. I put on the music and watch the leaves dance. Depending on the music, they move so differently. I stare at their dance performance for long still lying on my bed. I then get up and dance to the same songs taking my steps from the dancing green leaves...my dearest lovely dance teachers.

And at night, I drown into my music and let myself loose getting totally mesmerised by the magic of song and dance. I go into a love-ly, light state of mind and just get up and move in my over-sized blue night gowns. Letting the soft breeze kiss me here and there. Let the (k)night be my dance partner. The stars sparkle through my dark brown eyes. Let the naughty wind knot my black long hair.

And when I've danced just enough to feel really full-filled and overflowing with boundless beautiful energy, I let myself fall into the arms of the lovely hard bed and fall asleep peacefully.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dear !!

What dance r u learning ?? Hindustani classical or western ?? Either way best of luck & enjoy u beautiful.

6:08 AM  
Blogger e.e. said...

Oh, Anu,
I love the sculpture! So cool that you love the gracefulness of dancing, and I bet it keeps you out of (some) trouble!
Send me some sunshine!

7:06 AM  
Blogger brad said...

Sounds like a very nice way to fal asleep.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

I LOVE this!!! And we are so alike - I so often see myself dancing about in my mind, arms outstretched and twirling, hair caught up in the wind!

And like you, I see myself like that most often when I'm walking outside and the sun is shining and the wind gently blowing and there's a whole certain smell and life and electricity in the air around me and I just feel like DANCING along with it!!!

Now I feel like dancing this very second!!! I think I will! :) You're so wonderful and beautiful, Anu!!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger anu said...

Anon: I'm learning the dance of the leaves. The leaves are my teachers.

I'm sending you some glowing golden sun-rays to keep you warm and cosy and also to brighten up your already radiant lovely kind heart, my dear e.e :)

LOL! Brad you are sweet.

Dear Butterfly, you have the most infectious enthusiasm. I can so easily imagine you dancing. Infact your profile picture of the little butterfly like girl in her long silvery skirt dancing says it all. You are yourself so very vibrant and beautiful..you spread joy with your wings everywhere. :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger WDKY said...

Anu, I must tell you this... Bea - being Cuban - ids the most incredible dancer. We were talking about salsa the other day, and I was telling her about a class I went to a few years ago. I was awful, and managed to knock a few people over (like a kind of domino effect) during the warm up. They were going one way,. i was going the other :-(

Anyway, she said forget lessons... just put the music on, shut your eyes, and let your body take you where it will. No "trying".

Anyway, I think it may be worth a go :-)

1:51 AM  
Blogger WDKY said...

Anu, I must tell you this... Bea - being Cuban - ids the most incredible dancer. We were talking about salsa the other day, and I was telling her about a class I went to a few years ago. I was awful, and managed to knock a few people over (like a kind of domino effect) during the warm up. They were going one way,. i was going the other :-(

Anyway, she said forget lessons... just put the music on, shut your eyes, and let your body take you where it will. No "trying".

I think it may be worth a go. In the meantime, I suspect that what you see in your mind is also beautiful. Can I take a peek?

1:53 AM  
Blogger WDKY said...

Sorry about the double comment... I decided to elaborate after I hit the "publish" button - big mistake :-)

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why only the leaves, why not watch the watch the stem, the distance between each leaves, whether it is equi-distant, if not why ? The size of the leaf which actually increases in leaf size from the the first to the fifth, The slow increase in stem size. When actually do the flowers come, & at which leaf. Who pollinates & how, Which are the male flowers, Which are the female flowers. The roots, do they have a good fertile soil which is flourishing with millions of living micro organisms, which plant grows well with which other. What is the life time of these millions of fauna species ?? How to propagate them ? ............... Well, these have been & are my teachers & will always be. The the fact is IT IS MY SURVIVAL.

6:23 AM  
Blogger anu said...

LOL! Did you really knock down people. You are so cute, wdky. I'm laughing here imagining this scene and your perplexed expressions which must've meant,"but I didn't mean to, really!!"

Wow I love what Bea said.

Of course you're welcome in my mind, anytime and I loved that you had to write three comments, for whatever reason they may be ;) It just made me SO happy seeing so many comments from you, dear angel.

8:59 AM  
Blogger anu said...

Well, yes Anon. I appreciate your indepth knowledge about the biology of a plant. :)

I was just saying that I was laying on bed, thinking how to dance for this song and I saw the leaves dancing and their free flowing movement inspired me.

I'm glad though you have found your means for survival.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading all the 6 aikido around business can leadership life practice that turn information on your site. You can check out my 6 aikido around business can leadership life practice that turn site if you like.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading all the aikido as body clairsentient intuitive practice information on your site. You can check out my aikido as body clairsentient intuitive practice site if you like.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home